A shelf / ready made company is a company that has been already formed and incorporated, registered on a prior date. Shelf / ready made companies are corporate entities that have been established by a provider, who holds the company until a purchasing by a new owner. When the transaction is made, the ownership of the company transfers from the shelf company / ready made company provider to the third party, who then commences trading activity under the company name.
As a rule, a shelf / ready made company hasn’t been conducted any business activity so far. It was created and left with no activity – metaphorically put on the “shelf” to “age” (aged corporation). There is quite often that investors want to start business as soon as possible without waiting for all (time consuming) procedures of brand new companies formation and registration to be completed, and they decide to buy a shelf / ready made company which can be sold smoothly to a person or group of persons who wish to start a company without going through all the procedures of creating a new company. General, great solution is to buy a company that has been not commenced business and has no liabilities or debts. At the same time, they are fully registered, and they allow to start the business same day after handling formalities related to purchasing shares.
What documents I will receive after purchasing a shelf / ready made company?
After purchasing a shelf /ready made / aged company in the Polish Company Market® the new Owner will obtain i.a. the following documents:
– Agreement of the company signed in front of the Notary Public with tailor made Memorandum and Articles of Association,
– Confirmation of entry into National Court Register (KRS) with registration number,
– Confirmation of registering in Central Statistical Office and obtaining REGON number for the company,
– Confirmation of registering in tax office – individual tax number for the company (NIP),
The shareholder is the person who owns the company through a share certificate. A company can be owned by one or several shareholders. The shareholder can be an individual or a company.
The director is the person responsible for the management of the company. He will sign any business contracts, account opening forms etc. Directors are elected by the shareholders. A company can have one or several directors. The director can be an individual or a company.
- Yes, if the management board makes such decisions, we can carry out all the formalities and change the company’s name.
- – minimum share capital is 5000 PLN (around €1200)
- – a perfect legal form for small and medium companies
- – only one director required
- – no restrictions for foreign shareholders
- – accounting books required
What is the KRS number of a company?
KRS number is an individual number given to the Polish company by the National Court Register which the national database consisting of entities participating in the polish market. The National Court Register is run by the chosen district courts and the Ministry of Justice. That is visible in the online system and possible to check by any person the details concerning any company and receive an excerpt, a statement or a certificate from the National Court Register.